Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 1, Day 5

Forgive me, in advance, if my post is a bit odd. My jaw pain is managed, somewhat, but I'm on some medications that make me a little loopy. And maybe sappy.

Holy smokers, it's still hard to hit all the meals and snacks on time with this diet! One would think it's easy to snarf down food all day but I find it a challenge to nail the snarfing at certain specified times. I am pleasantly surprised to realize that I do not sit on my ass all day, as a stay at home mom, but rather, I am up running around all gawddamn day. I used to feel so bad because I cannot work and I stay home with the baby. That baby and all the responsibilities of household activities are enough to keep me working all day. I haven't nailed down personal time for myself yet. My clock has been set to "baby time" for about a year now. But, I will work harder in the next few days to do better at it.

My husband has been so awesome this week! He's helped with the meals, he's changed his eating times/habits and he's been up before 5AM everyday working out. All of this just to support me. Whatta guy! Having a support system at home has made a huge difference. I don't think I could do this on my own. This first week has taken willpower and resolve. I am also swept up in the enthusiasm of the other people who are taking part in this challenge. If I do well, I could be on the local news, helping to spread the word!

So yes, I am a little excited about being a Shredder. If you want in on the hub-bub, lemme know. Or you can check things out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ShredderNation and on Twitter @doctoriansmith. If you want to try the diet, you can email Dr. Smith and he will give you details on what to do in order to join.

So far, my pants feel looser. Weigh-in is on Monday. I feel confident that I will show a loss on the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment