Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Week 2, Day 1

I'm up early today, getting in my post for last night. My weigh-in for Week 1 was freakin' FANTASTIC! I lost 6.5 pounds! I kept stepping back on the scale because I couldn't believe it. Whoopee!

On to Week 2! Day 1 of week 2 was definitely more intense. In some meals there were foods added and some meals were smaller. Also the cardio requirements were increased. I did my best to get to that number but Elsa woke up from her nap and I had to go get her. It was really rough for me doing cardio too. It took a long time for me to be able to get the strength and energy just to pick up the baby. That part really sucked. I had to lay down for a few minutes to clear my head and try to regain some stamina. Plus I had this weird, awful pain to deal with. Other than that, I did pretty well.

I stopped by the grocery store yesterday and I swear, I must have circled through the bakery section at least a half a dozen times. I could feel myself drool over the sights of muffins, cookies, lemon bread, cupcakes, etc. After a third run around the chocolate chip muffins (one of my favorites) I checked the nutrition label and one muffin was 420 calories. Wow. I had no idea, or at least, I didn't want to know the yummy, awful truth. It took some willpower and whining from the baby to finally move on. That 6.5 lb loss kept ringing in my ears and I knew I'd need to save the treats for Thanksgiving and Elsa's birthday cake.

Time to get my head cleared and knock out the rest of the housework before my brother flies in. This week will be a tough trial to stay true to the Shred. I hope I'm up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment