Aww shucks, I tried to get shots in my jaw joint today but turns out that is rather specialized and only a doctor can do it. I saw the PA today and he gave me some injections in my knees only. It hurt to have my hips done but holy crap, that's nothing compared to the knees. Thankfully they do put some freezing stuff on your skin to help soften the initial stab.
I'm very glad that I broke down and bought my folding cane. It came in handy! I didn't need it much going in but I sure as shit needed it to get back out to the car. I have to admit that it was weird walking with it. A 60 year old man had to slow down and let me by, during which I apologized. He said, "no apology necessary at all."
It generally takes a few days for the shots to really kick in so we'll see if soon I'm beating strangers with my cane instead of walking with it.
I tried to take some updated belly shots since next week I'll be 6 months along. This is the best I can do without hauling out the tripod and camera remote.
And yes, I said to hell with doing hair and makeup today so apologies for being a bit more frumpy than usual.
This belly photo really doesn't do me justice. I look much bigger in person. Last I measured a month ago, I was at least 40 inches in the waist.
Last night my hubs and I were talking and I posed the question again: what if my breast implants triggered the autoimmune disease? And by talking to him, I realized that I was fucked no matter what. By getting the mastectomy and reconstruction, I almost completely eliminated my chances of breast cancer. If I did choose the path that awakened the RA beast, the only thing I can do now is to remove the implants and wear falsies. I'm not sure if I'm ready to do that, given that there is no definitive proof that the implants are linked to the disease. Interesting to think of though.
And regarding the pregnancy, there is a theory that some women go into remission during pregnancy because the father's DNA in the baby takes over, pushing RA into remission. Since that's an unproven theory with no studies to back it up, I'm not going to think too much on it. But by that thinking, Baby EK has all my genes. Which if I allow myself to think it, poses the worry: will she have RA and endometriosis too? Am I bringing her into this world to have a load of issues? I sure hope not. I'm not going to think on that one too long since I don't need the stress. But it's entered my mind ever since finding out the sex of the baby. God, don't let her have endometriosis.
Our doggies have been really great lately. They are all lovey and snuggly and licky. Tomorrow we are taking Horace in for his xrays and I'm praying that he doesn't have some expensive, impossible condition. I hope it's just mild arthritis or something we can manage with supplements and aspirin. Please keep him in your happy, puppy thoughts tomorrow!! Since we have to have him sedated to get really thorough xrays, Ron is coming with me to help transport him. Thank goodness.
Horr-Bear
Patter-pooh
All three of my little fluffy beasts. I love them so much!
That's my week so far. Hope you all are well. Tschus.
lordy woman!
ReplyDeleteYou will be such a great momma you have such great spirit and 'fight' in you.
My last ultrasound they found fibroids and an ovarian cyst...my mom and sister both have them. I look at Jade and worry and not knowing the baby's sex (we are assuming its a girl) adds to that.
Autoimmune sometimes just happens. My mom has lupus and nobody else in the family we know of has it. I have Celiac and am not sure how that came about either.
You got dealt some crappy body cards but you seem to be a hell of a card player! big hugs!!!
and OMG shots freak me out you are my idol!
bex belly bump!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see you whapping folks with your cane! Hope the shots are helping. Don't worry about worrying Bex. We all do/did it when pregnant and beyond. Even IF she inherits something modern/future medicine will be better than what we have experienced. All will be okay.
ReplyDelete