Hey it's Friday and even when you are unemployed that's good news.
I'm less angsty the last couple days, thanks in part to my friends over at EFU, my embroidery gang who has turned out to be probably the most supportive group of people in my life next to my family. Also I think my body is finally stabilizing back to the regular dose of 'roids. I was sort of wondering when the 'roid rage would kick in. I theorize that 'roid rage increases with body temperature. The only cure for 'roid rage is more cowbell and more ice cream.
Yesterday I limped outside across the scalding cement to the mailbox (I always forget to put shoes on) and retrieved the mail. The utility bill was a bit shocking and I thought "oh well, pay some of it and they won't shut it off." I opened the next item and it was a nice check for a surplus in our escrow account. I had to call the hubby to have him interpret this info for me, never having owned property before and seeing English words but hearing them in Klingon in my mind. The money is enough to schedule Horace's xrays and training session.
That's right, we can afford to start his training and see wtf is going on in his leg and/or hips. Now if he needs a hip replacement, that costs $3,000 and there is little chance in Hell that we can do that. However if he has an old fracture or some general arthritis, we can deal with it. Please keep sending those positive vibes to us so we get good news next week!
So we've had a bit of a miracle. I know that deep down, no matter what shit we have going on, life somehow works itself out. Being a spiritual person, I believe in a higher power's intervention on this but you can call it whatever you want. Sometimes it just takes the individual getting tired of her situation and changing tactics. But whatever it is, I'm just thankful that we can get this damned dog worked on already.
And I'm also able to order a sewing table so we can get the rest of my crafty stuff out of the baby's room. Painting to commence in a few weeks. Then the fun stuff begins such as putting together the dresser and crib, washing and putting away all the little clothes we've thrifted and salvaged. I'm excited to get the room all done!!
The baby has another ultrasound on August 8th and after that we'll have one once a month until I hit about 30 weeks. Then we'll have one once every two weeks. I'm really glad my doctor is being so careful about all this. It makes me feel a lot better to see her on the ultrasound and hear her heart beating. The kicking has increased and Ron can finally feel it too. It's pretty incredible. Kinda feels like IBS though. My intestines can be pretty brutal.
Well I have errands to run and a house to clean. Friends are coming over tomorrow to help me learn my damned sewing machine since my attempts at making pillows from my cross stitched designs tragically failed. What a cluster fuck that was!
Here are some Friday Funnies to send you out in style. Have a good weekend, stay cool. Tschus.




So happy for the miraculous escrow extra!
ReplyDeleteThe tattoos are killing me - especially the 6-pack.