Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frankie says relax

Finally got to chat with my doc about this alien parasite inside me and all looks good. I feel better now that there is a plan to monitor me. I am just about old enough to get the test for abnormalities and since it's just a finger prick, I'm going to do it. I've been through enough to know to take the extra precautions. And I'll be seeing a high risk doctor a few times to make sure the scar tissue in my uterus isn't affecting things. Also the autoimmune disease makes things a little more interesting but nothing major. Just a few more checkups are required to make sure all is well.

I'm very relieved to ask questions and hear that they are treating me as high risk. I'm going to get through this and move on with life. I'm tired of letting my body hold me prisoner in my house, keeping me from truly living my life.

Enough of that "girl power" statement.

I am now trying to get one of my brothers and my dad coordinated for a visit. I'm thinking we'll book the club tickets so we can get access to a buffet and beer (for them, not me) and air conditioning! Since summers here are either blistering hot and humid or pouring rain, I like the option of being able to sit inside comfortably and not miss the game. It's really a chance to hang with some of my family which I rarely get to do.


I'm not really a big baseball fan but the atmosphere is always fun and there is the Hall of Fame museum on site if I start feeling "museum-y." Lots to look forward to! Hooray!

Tschus!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for taking care of business! I love going to a ball game and hanging out. It's fun to watch, even though I'm not that into it. The food is really good and the atmosphere is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending the day at a fine old ballpark with your beloveds is an awesome thing. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for special treatment for a special Lady and her special Alien!

    Baseball people watching is the best!

    ReplyDelete