The results are back on my sleep study. Absolutely normal: something I'm rarely called. My neurologist said it's classic insomnia. I suppose I was feeling extra tired because it turns out I'm pregnant. I am a little over 7 weeks now, so it's not too far along. We weren't going to tell anyone yet but once one person knows, everyone knows. :) Word got out and there we are. (I apologize to anyone who is finding out through social media. I tried to tell people after word got out but I know I haven't completely made the rounds through phone calls or personal emails.)
This was completely unplanned. We've been trying not to get pregnant due to many reasons, but mainly trying to get my health under control and to pay off some bills. Therefore I was not doing all the things a hyper-vigilant woman does when she tries to have a baby. I wasn't on any vitamins (I suspended my daily multivitamin when I came down with a horrible cold and my stomach was upset a lot.) I was taking pain medications and I had a few alcoholic beverages during that time. I'm sure a lot of women don't like to admit that. If something is wrong with the baby, then all the pointing fingers will be jammed in her face. The nurse tried to reassure me that the embryo probably wasn't attached yet during all this but who knows. I'm still on one medication that they want me off of, but I can't quit cold turkey. I'll find out more soon and I'm just going to hope for the best.
Of course, I could log back on here with a post saying I've lost it. It is very early, after all. But I'm going to think positive and pray that everything turns out well.
There was a weird black mass in the ultrasound but I'm hoping that's some old scar tissue or something. Again, hoping for the best!!
So far I feel tired, queasy and have a raging case of the trots. (I'm sure you all wanted to know that.) My back is also sore as hell but I'm thankful that Tylenol is on the list. Getting pregnant doesn't mean my existing health concerns automatically disappeared. However the arthritis isn't as bad and of course, there are no issues with endometriosis during this time. That leaves just the fibromyalgia.
Life is fuckin' crazy. I have no idea how I'll manage when I'm home alone all day with a fussy baby and my body is exhausted and in pain. Things have a way of working out and I'll have to start asking for help more. To be honest, I'm terrified. I've tried to read some of the magazines my doctor's office sent home with me. Reading them makes me feel nauseous and fills me with a bit of anxiety. I've just shuffled them under a pile for now. I want to take things one day at a time for a while. (As an aside, there sure is a lot of shit these magazines are pushing for people to buy. What a racket!)
In other news, Mr. Bex decided that Tobin was far too shaggy and needed a trim.
He no longer has the long, flowing locks ala Fabio but he is much cooler. We joke that Tobin got into a fight with a wood chipper. Lesson learned: leave dog grooming to the professionals.
So that's about it for now. I'm so tired out that I can hardly think straight. Tschus.


A day at a time. That's the way only way to go. You're doing it right.:D I'll be thinkin' of ya! XOXOXOX
ReplyDeleteThanks pretty lady!! I hope I'm as good a mom as you are!! :)
ReplyDeletexxx fingers and toes crossed over here. love and bestestes.
ReplyDeleteIt is worth every ache, pain and worry. You're stronger than you know and you'll be just fine!
ReplyDeleteI agree - you'll do just fine. One day at a time is all we can really do.
ReplyDeleteRest now every chance you get. Not that you can "save it up" but to sort of get you in to a rhythm.
25 or so years ago there was a study done in England. They monitored pregnant women who sat down almost every Mon-Fri to watch their soap operas. Almost every baby born to these women settled down for naps at the same time every day.
Both my kids were that way. I flipped when I read the study and realized I had sort of trained 'em in utero!!!
Love ya!
Speaking as someone who has been there; how will you care for a fussy baby when you are sick or hurting? You just do it because you love them. You know I have a lot of health issues too and it's not easy having a little one while being sick, especially when I rarely have help. Right now I'm having one of my recurring lady part issues exacerbated by my blood disease. I haven't been able to lift RJ without being in pain. And I know this sounds corny, but when he climbs in my lap and says he loves me, it makes it all worth it to me. He also motivates me to take care of myself so he has a mom for a long time.
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy, but it's worth it.**HUGS**
Thanks Heidi, I'm so sorry you are going through all this though. Why aren't toddlers more self-sufficient? Sheesh!
ReplyDelete