Friday, November 19, 2010

More pinups, but first, the art museum

What a week!  The weekend was great.  I attended an art lecture with a dear friend and we strolled through the galleries afterwards. It's such a nice, calming place to be. I took a few photos:

Chicks dig it

Nelson-Atkins Art Museum

Nelson-Atkins Art Museum

Nelson-Atkins Art Museum

Photography is allowed as long as you don't use a flash. Use a flash and the docents will descend upon you with open, ravenous jaws.

I managed to paint some of the guest bathroom. It looks rather streaky right now but will be better once I get a second coat up. I'll post pics when it's done. I had an inkling that painting would be a pain in the ass but no idea it would cause the arthritis and fibro shit to flare up so badly. But that is ok, I have time to do all this. I would like to be able to unpack everything and put them away but it's hard to justify unpacking all the china cabinet only to have to repack it so I can paint behind the cabinet. Or bookshelves. Or *insert piece of furniture here* I did hang up some things in my art/rat room because I know it will be while before I paint in there.

We also got out last night for a bit. It was the 2011 Vixen Calendar release party and Miss Vixen Pinup pageant. Since a friend was competing, I really wanted to be there to support her as well as the lovely ladies behind the calendar's creation. It was super fun as the local burlesque troupe mc'd (sp) and performed. Even though we had to leave a little early, we had a really good time! I was super surprised to see they included one of my photos in their back page. I'm a back page calendar girl! Hahaa, I love it. I am so touched and happy! A year ago I never could have predicted all of this: quitting my job, modeling as a pinup, holding firm to my true self. But here I am. To be sure, I haven't handled everything as well as I could and I've made mistakes. But I'm learning and moving forward. Doing the pinup modeling has really been a boost to my self confidence. And it has introduced me to some awesome people and I keep meeting new friends with every event I attend. So if you want to help support the women who have been such an inspiration to me, as well as help out some great animal groups, you can order calendars from Pinups For Pit Bulls and Vixen Pinup Photography.

Wow, two calendars!

I'm a lucky lady

That's about it for now. Between painting and shuffling boxes, I'm working as fast as I can to finish a new cross stitch for another swap. It's a fun piece and I can't wait to post it. Until then, tschus!

No comments:

Post a Comment