I spent most of yesterday feeling like hell but I made it through the work day. I talked to a nurse at the rheumatologist's office and she told me they have no idea how to get me off Cymbalta if the taper dose I'm on isn't working. Go back to the general physician or detox through a psychiatrist. Wow. Talk about passing the buck. I'm a fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis patient and even though she didn't initially prescribe this to me, I thought she would at least try to help. The problem with going back to the GP is that I've had to educate her on this drug. My last hope before going to a head doctor is to see if a nuerologist will see me. I'm so angry that doctors put people on this shit with no idea about side effects and withdrawal symptoms, especially since this was supposed to be a temporary treatment. I was so mad about this, I actually called a couple law offices. That got me absolutely no where though.

I needed to unwind last night so I could relax. Ron and I turned on the Wii and played a little Legend of Zelda. That was my first game ever on the NES. I loved that game. The damn thing scrambled on me before I could get the last piece of the Tri-force. I was so pissed! What else is a little emo kid to do? I figured I should try to beat the game finally.

I can't believe how much I remember! I remember where most of the underworlds are and how to find the secret rooms. We played until we made it through four or five levels. Maybe Ron and I are just easily amused but it was fun! Hell, I'm just happy when I can successfully blow off a bad day.
I guess we better get off our lazy butts and run some errands. Woooooooo....have a good weekend!
wow, don't call lawyers, dude! they're worse than doctors! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat happens if you just stop taking the drug? That's what I'd always do when I wanted to be off something. Probably not very healthy though.
Zelda is awesome. I beat it when I was a kid and then went back and played through it again in college. I remembered where everything was. Amazing that that stuff lives in our brain. Did you get a chance to play the new zelda on the wii? that was pretty good too. Phantom Hourglass on the DS was decent too.
Bad things happen when you quit the drug. See previous post. Yikes...
ReplyDeleteI haven't played the new Zelda, I'll have to look into it! There isn't much good on the Wii lately it feels like so I'll try this one. Also will think about looking for Phantom Hourglass at Game Stop...thanks!