I swear, the more I try to assert myself as a professional, the more resistance I get. I kind of feel like the TP to wipe up after the pee-ons. I don't think that those in control of this aspect of my life are doing it because they know my background and truly believe me to be incompetent. I think it's being done because of outside personal influences. Sorry to be so amiguous but I don't want to get too detailed. Basically I have a passion at work, I try to implement my passion at my work and I feel I do a good job of it, and someone thinks (without merit) that I suck at it. So this person squashes anything and everything I do in relation to it.
One thing I've learned by having chronic illnesses is that you have to choose your battles. Stress is the ultimate enemy. It makes everything worse; magnifies pain, heightens emotions, saps energy. In other words, fuck it. This isn't worth it.
All I really want to do is take photographs and be a mom. Those things matter more than work drama.
Frozen pizza awaits! Ahhh it's the little shit that makes me happy.
The things that really matter are the things we never really seem to get to...
ReplyDeleteIf frozen pizza is still making you happy you're doing OK.