Yesterday we hunkered down, waiting out the sleet and snow. It's pretty much all melted today. I expect that to be end of our shitty weather. Soon it will be muggy, oppressive and full of mosquitoes. Maybe we'll get lucky and get somewhat of a Spring this year.
Today we watched some movies. To my surprise, I really enjoyed The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. It's a documentary about a nice guy named Steven Wiebe who tries to beat Billy Martin's world record in Donkey Kong:

At first it seems like a comical look at gamer nerds but then it turns into a poignant look at one man's quest to finally be recognized for something. I'd love to run into the biggest dork/loser/POS, Billy Martin, someday. I'd love to tell him what I think of his hairstyle.

This movie streams through the XBox via Netflix so GET IT. You'll love it.
We also watched The Golden Compass and Vantage Point. The Golden Compass was really a great fantasy movie and it sucks that it didn't do very well at the box office. I'm not sure there will ever be a sequel and the movie ends in a way that really leaves the viewer hanging. I need to read the books and find out what is missing. Vantage Point was pretty annoying but the last action sequence was pretty frickin' cool. No spoilers here so I'll let you see them yourselves.
Other than that, not much is going on. Steroids are great for adding energy and taking away joint pain. However they are shit for the waistline. Fuck. Maybe I can handle taking them every other day? I don't know. I'm tired of feeling like a stuffed sausage in my jeans.
It's almost time for my favorite Sunday night trash, Rock of Love. I just can't stop watching Bret Michaels spreading around the Hep!

Ewwww.
did you know that bret michaels has a new autobiography coming out? Not that he wrote it himself or anything.
ReplyDeleteI forgot about king of kong! I will add that to my queue right now. I read a big article about that and the way it portrayed billy mitchell. golden compass has been on my queue forever but it keeps moving down because i'm scared to watch it.
Why scared to watch it? Have you read the series?
ReplyDeleteAnd Bret Michaels has an autobiography? "I was born, I teased my hair, I have all kinds of kissing diseases and oh yeah, I sing." The End.
ReplyDeleteThe King of Kong is an awesome movie. I watched it a few weeks back thinking through Netflix not really expecting much. Loved it. One of my favorite documentaries. Rumor has it that there may be a sequel coming down the road. We will see.
ReplyDeleteIf you liked the movie, The Golden Compass, then you should definitely read the book and whole trilogy as they are much better than the movie.
The snow here in St. Louis melted away by afternoon. Kind of like having it for the short time it was here. The ground is soaked though with all the rain we have been getting. Thank god for sump pumps.