Thank you all for the overwhelming show of support! I've can't say how much your emails and messages have meant to me. I love you guys.
I'm doing better today. We did manage a little sleep last night and there was less fussiness overall. I also found a potential moms group that is local and picked out a church to try. The church is much different than what I've visited in the past. Maybe that's a good thing since Lutheran services tend to be a bit depressing, in my experience. Hopefully between the two organizations, I can meet some people and establish a support network.
I'm normally way too sensitive and in times like this, when things are more out of control than usual and I'm feeling really low, I care far too much about what people think of me. I know I shouldn't, and I'm working on that. I was worried that if people knew how shitty I felt and how poor I was coping, they would make judgments about me. God forbid, someone knows my life is not perfect, right?
Taking some time to focus on establishing local networks of people is just what I need to do now. We're also working on setting realistic expectations. I hope to find someone to help clean the house a couple times a month. And hopefully we can get a gym membership too. All this shit takes money, which I am not happy about paying for, but one can't really put a price on sanity and health.
So I'll look at how life is next week and probably reactivate at that time if I feel better. Maybe I can be back online in time for my birthday.
Here is a video of EK and I today, just to say hello and let you all know that we are doing well. I was letting her have some time on the floor with some toys. By the time it occurred to me to take a video, she was starting to get a little cranky and tired. Not a helluva lot going on here but here we are, all the same. Thanks again for your love, patience and amazing support. I know times will get tough again, as it does with the ebbs and flows of life. But taking a step back to reevaluate things seems to help.
Have a good weekend everyone, tschus.
OMGeeee! Could you two be any cuter? I'm thinking no. Look at EK moving all around and being just as cute as a button! I love her onesie. So glad to read this post, it really made me smile. Oxo Bexy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a SWEETIE! Aww. So happy to read this. And you have some kerazy metal playing in the background!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you much sweetie. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and reaching out.
ReplyDeleteOh hi Elsa!! I've been thinking about you Bex!
ReplyDeleteYou are one strong lady! You can pick up that baby with ONE HAND! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou make me smile Bex. I admire you as a woman and mother. Strong. Making the best decisions for you and your little fam. XOXOX
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone, I really appreciate this!! I'll be back, stronger and better than ever soon. :)
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself. You are the most important thing in the world to EK right now so when you take care of yourself, you are taking care of her too.
ReplyDelete