We did go to the Royals game and were beaten by the Twins. Another poorly rated team and we still got beat! But it was fun to see the game and people-watch. I love the ladies who walk in spilled beer and steep steps in their three inch heels. Ha! I guess I didn't know baseball games were hot hookup places.



I also took my dad to a historic stagecoach museum/living history farm. It's called Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Historic Site. Admission is cheap: only $6 a person. They have a small but thorough visitor's center which leads onto the farmstead and original house. They have staff dressed in period clothing performing the farm chores typical to a farm and stage stop on the Santa Fe Trail. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly.

This was a huge draught horse and it was about 90 degrees that day. They planted the corn in small mounds about a foot or two apart so they can use the plow horse to weed between the rows.

One of the staff.

These were some hot chickens!

The goats loved me. The feeling was mutual. Goats rule.

To the Smithy!

The oxen.

The farmhouse/stagecoach stop.

They fed us a sample of some delicious lemon sponge cake in this kitchen.

Of course, you get to ride the coach around before you go.

Dad was thrilled. :)
More photos at Flickr if you are interested.
This week is full of doctor appointments, lunch with my former coworkers and then the big Pinups for Pit Bulls event on Saturday. I can't wait to get all dolled up!
Stay cool. Tschus!
That's thrilled? ;) Glad you found fun things to do. I can't wait to see the pics of you all dolled up!!!!!
ReplyDelete