On the way to town I passed the local airport which is so small that it is used for mostly small aircraft and hobby planes. What a surprise to see planes swooping through the sky, like in the barnstorming days. When I got home I damn near threw my husband into the car and we drove back to the airport.
There were new and replicas of WWI and WWII type planes as well as gliders and some US Military vehicles. My husband's enthusiasm, and the little knowledge I gained from working on an online exhibit at my former workplace, made it a fun, free activity for both of us. (Click here to see the online exhibit. You can see pics of Lindbergh and Earhart while they were in KC.)
I took tons of photos but here are some of the highlights from the day:








I want this car. Check out the hood ornament below:

Tomorrow is the not-so spontaneous trip to the zoo. Free admission for fathers and fathers-to-be. I'm pretty excited! We love zoos so this will be awesome as long as we get there early enough to beat the heat.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Prepare for a zillion zoo pics soon-tschus!
Very cool! So many great pictures. Yeah for adventures!
ReplyDelete