Saturday we had Sadie into the vet for chest x-rays. She's panting loudly when she is excited or going up and down the stairs. Since she's been living with tumors in her belly and sides for several years, I was worried she had some pressing into her lungs. However the x-rays showed a healthy heart and lungs, although there is a small mass near her front leg. The vet thinks due to old age, it's a slight softening of the larynx which is causing her to pant so hard. I am just in awe that this dog is 14.5 years old and still going strong. She is a complete stubborn pain in the ass but she's loyal and sweet. I'm so thankful we still have more time together.
Then after the vet I had time to stuff some chicken taco pizza in my face and then off to the retro shops to look for some pinup clothes and accessories. If you are in the Kansas City area, you need to head to 39th Street to do your shopping. So many eclectic stores, great energy and nice people. I love hanging out in this neighborhood and there is even a great restaurant where you can sit outside with your dog. They will bring you water in a doggy dish too. So I hit up my faves: Rock Candy Boutique and Retro Vixen. I found the perfect dress, a cute shirt, bracelet and some vintage heels. Pics soon on that, I promise.
We capped Saturday evening with the funniest play I've seen in a long time. Based on a Hitchcock flick, The 39 Steps is a murder mystery with a Monty Python twist of humor. A cast of four, three men and one woman, perform the entire two hour piece. There's quick wit and lightening fast costume changes. If you live in the KC area, please go! Tickets are reasonable, parking is free and they have a full bar on site. Of course, I was drinking water but that's a fun amenity for those who can partake.
Sunday we finally bit the bullet and made the trek to Home Depot so we could construct a garden box. We used this blog as our guide and it was very helpful. Unfortunately the weather was nasty humid and hot so we were pretty sweaty (SWASS) by the time we left the store. Hubby got to get a saw so he was very happy.

He's still smiling here, so this was early in the project. Heh.

I like a man who can build stuff.

Patton supervises.

Sadie enjoyed hanging out with us while we worked.
We pooped out after putting it together and carrying it into the back yard. Monday we finished it and got the ground dug up.

Here he is, less smiley and tired.

I said, "no more tired, now gimme FIERCE!" But he just continued looking tired.

The ground is dug up and we were about to flip the box over.

Sadie approved.

Room for another, maybe next year?

Horace, Tobin and Patton were less helpful but enjoyed themselves all the same.

In this picture, you can see the mint plant gone wild, Bunny (Horace's favorite toy) and some peanut shells that Tobin and I were sharing.

And the lavender plant I put in next to the driveway.
My dad will be here tomorrow so the remainder of our energy has been spent on putting up more curtains, cleaning, laundry and general cleaning. It's going to be an early night for us!
Our bodies hurt but we are very content having accomplished so much. And I finished an embroidery piece which you can see here if you are so inclined.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Tschus.
You were busy like a mofo! I love the garden box and Ron's "fierce" look!
ReplyDeleteThanks Becky! Neither of us looks very fierce right now haha :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, that is a mofo box. I enjoyed reading this.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a very well constructed garden box, and you should definitely do another one -- but not before coming over to make one for me!! :-)
ReplyDeleteMake us some bbq Julie and we'd be happy to do that! It was actually pretty fun to make :)
ReplyDeleteYou're making me really want a garden again! I love the doggy pool.
ReplyDelete