Saturday, April 25, 2009

Alive and well

I survived, huzzah!  They tried to give me an IV and managed to get my blood all over the floor.  I have to give them props for trying to be really gentle with the IV.  It just didn't work.  So a different nurse came over and rammed one into my other hand.  I'm pretty bruised all over.  That was my only freak-out.  They couldn't get the IV in and I started crying and sweating and feeling pukey.  But after that, things were ok.  I got plenty of pain meds and anti-nausea stuff after the surgery.  I went in at 8:00 and was home by 1:00.  Then I had some delicious sleep for four hours.

Today I peeled off all the bandages and found a very nice bruise.  No wonder my stomach hurts so much!  I'm also swollen as hell.  I look like I'm 5 months pregnant.  Or that I've been drinking a case of beer a day for a year.  Either/or.

Post-op Mosaic

There's a lot of air in my body that hasn't been absorbed yet.  It really hurts to take deep breaths but it's not bad overall.

Ron's mother is here helping us out.  She brought her two little dogs so we now have a herd.  I say herd instead of pack because it just feels like we're herding them around or vice versa.  Rowdy got shaved on Thursday and he looks like a little plucked chicken.  I think he feels really good though because he's more comfortable and walks with his head held high.  Here are some doggie photos from Thursday evening:

Family

Patton Holgafied

Charlie

Mandi

Darvocet is wearing off, time to go.  Have a groovy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. glad you're still alive!

    when i start running out of my cache of narcotics that's when i know it's time to have surgery again. curiously, the only one that's ever made me sick is darvocet. all the other ones agree with me nicely.

    that is quite a herd of dogs. i hope they are sleeping in a big pile.

    ReplyDelete