Monday, March 11, 2013

Bex Blitz

Hello faceless void, aka interwebz! This week I bring you news of my successes and the direction I find myself meandering towards. As of late, I have Shredded 20 lbs! I can't tell you how much my life has changed for the better because of the Shred Revolution diet and lifestyle. I've lost weight, gained confidence, made friends and set new goals for myself.

Early in February I was fortunate enough to head up to Fox 4 and meet Dr. Ian Smith himself! I also met my cyber friend Sheri who has become a real life friend now. I cannot tell you how nice and caring Dr. Smith is. He truly cares about people and wants to help anyone interested in losing weight and gaining better health. I just cannot recommend this enough to other people! Sheri has been great to me when I've felt down about my roadblocks and I look forward to spending more time with her in the near future.

So if you are interested in seeing Sheri and I with Dr. Smith on Fox 4, here is the video. More information can be found here on the Fox 4 website or here on Dr. Smith's site. There is also a very active community of people on Facebook and Twitter.

Click HERE for the video.

I had my cravings under control and in fact, I didn't want to eat for weeks. I mentioned previously that I didn't feel well. Even worse than usual. My doctors didn't seem to know why or think there was anything really worrisome about it. After researching it myself, I found that when coming off prednisone, a person can experience adrenal fatigue. Some symptoms of your body not producing enough coritisol (the stress hormone) on its own are lower blood pressure, fatigue, lack of appetite. Oh shit! Well that makes sense. But I never thought this could happen to me because I was tapering down so slowly and because I hadn't been on, what my doctors say, is a very high dose. Let me tell you. Fuck the doctors. I know my body better than they do. I KNOW when something's not right and I felt so bad, that I was scared to take my meds. I was scared to take my nighttime pills because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up in the morning. Now maybe I was being paranoid, but when your blood pressure feels low and is commented on at every damn different medical office you go to, except for the doctor I complained to, and I feel dizzy and almost faint when standing, then you know it's a problem. So I begrudgingly went back up on the prednisone. And guess what? I'm starving. I pray that getting back on a strict regimen of Shred will help keep the weight from creeping back on and keep me from eating the entire house. Another stumbling block!!

But right this minute I am going to celebrate the 20 lb loss. I hope my blog next year isn't describing a Bex who is back to battling the bulge, back where I started and more. So here is my before and after shot. Before is when EK was about 5 months and now she's 15 months. I'm proud of the work I've done. I hope I can keep it up and this blog will reflect all the achievements and setbacks. By blogging I hope to keep things in perspective and stay accountable. Being healthy is not easy. You have to work at it all the time. Being sick is very easy: you just do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment