Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmeggedon, Part 1

It's a big deal when KC gets a lot of snow. Where I am from, this is an everyday occurrence. Here it is End of Days.

I have no idea how much snow we got but I do know that it's cold out and I can't see the driveway. Once I dig out, I can get better photos. For now you have to put up with what I can see from my yard.

Driveway is....where?

Drifts

Inside the storm door

During the storm, at about 2:30 AM, Ron woke up and discovered someone had shit and pissed all over in the basement. When he woke me up, I thought he wanted to start shoveling. (It's hard to "come to" in the middle of the night on Ambien.) I think Tobin got diarrhea from the new food I purchased. Don't worry, I didn't take photos of it. However we are out of paper towels. Yeah. Cleaning up diarrhea on carpet without paper towels is fun. I don't think we're going to get the stains out so it is definitely on the table to rip the carpet out and put tile down here. I wish we could afford radiant floor heating though. It's going to be super cold down here without carpet. Damn dogs.

So I'm tired and crabby because not only were we up an hour and a half cleaning the floor, but Tobin also woke me up at about 6AM with a desperate need to go back outside. I think his tummy is better now but that serves me right for not having Immodium in the house.

Anyone know how to tile a floor? How about free radiant floor heating? COME ON!

Ok, my bitchy self is going to nap today. Or shovel. Probably both although I have no illusions that I can shovel that mess by myself. I am definitely one achy, arthritic, crabby bitch right now.

Stay warm and out of the ditches. Tschus!

2 comments:

  1. You should start your own no-fun-land.

    Your door lock has a merkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a weekly recap of all the no-fun, in the very least.

    Yeah my door lock is a dirty whore but at least it's stylish.

    ReplyDelete