It's been two months and thirteen days since I entered housewifery. For those late in the game, I quit my job because I was unhappy where I was and that compounded my numerous health issues. I'd like to say after leaving my position, I am completely stress-free and healthy. My health woes have not disappeared, however I am in the position to at least take better care of myself when I feel awful. In short, my life has improved immensely since I quit working.
My one rule to housewifery is that I must and will shower/bathe every day. However makeup and nice clothing are optional. Most days it's shorts or sweats and a t-shirt. So instead of looking like this:
Or even this:
I look more like this:
Ok not really. But I thought the image was funny.
This one might be more on par with how I feel:
I found myself on the couch and stitching so much that I wasn't noticing the piles of dog hair and dust layers accumulating around me. The past few days have been devoted to cleaning things up and organizing a bit. Stitching all day, by the way, is not conducive to weight loss.
Living on one income hasn't been too bad but it does make things really tight financially. We've decided to conserve as much as possible for the next four weeks. The heat is now set at 67 degrees and we aren't going out at all. [HINT: Please come visit so I don't lose what little social skills I have!!!]
In an effort to save money, we decided to stay in last night and play some board games in front of the cozy fireplace. After a few rounds of my score at -200 points in Trionimo's, we just sat back and watched the dogs work off their frustration. (It's been super cold out so no one wants to play outside lately.)
Here are some images from last night's "wild" party:

I has fire.

Patton with the discarded game tiles. (More like Bex had a game tantrum and tossed the tiles around.)

I just love this picture because Sadie has a stoner/drunk look on her face.

Patton in yer face

Tobin licking Patton before the gloves came off.



It looks terribly vicious and I won't lie; they have done some minor damage to each other before. However most of the time they are just playing together. Play time for them just happens to mean Tobin putting his entire mouth around Patton's neck.

Sadie is a stick in the mud and when too much fun is had, she intervenes by barking in their faces until they stop playing. We call her "The Fun Police."
Aren't we exciting? I don't understand why our friends aren't breaking down our door to hang out on the weekends.
That about sums things up for now. I've stubbornly refused to go back to the sinus doctor after he suggested surgery. But the biggest side effect with my RA drug is respiratory problems, specifically sinus congestion and infections. Since I have freakishly large sinus cavities on top of this drug's effects, I have had at least 4 infections in the last twelve months. I can't seem to shake off this last one either so back to the doctor I go. I'm worried what he will have to say. I'd like one calendar year to not include some kind of fucking surgery. That's not asking too much, is it?
Aaannnnd Ron has just teabagged my laptop. So with that, I will conclude this post for now. :)
(Again, I just don't understand why people don't want to come over. Hmmm.)
Tschus!




Well, I'd totally come visit. And we'd play Monopoly. We would be the banker and cheat the whole game and make up rules and swear they exist whilst sitting on the rules booklet. Yeah, that's how I roll.
ReplyDeleteYour pups look so very wolfish!
Our house as been set at 67 for years. the benefit of that is that it's only-somewhat-warmish all 12 months of the year. Trionimo's sounds like loads of fun.
ReplyDeleteOh, and my wife has a theory that one reason why Americans are fatter than everyone else (besides all the things like pop, etc.) is that our homes are too warm in the winter and we don't burn enough extra winter fat. My brother-in-law's wife from China said that homes there are much colder inside in the winter.
ReplyDeleteAndy/Info: I talked to my dad tonight and he said in ND he keeps the thermo set at 63. But he has Type II diabetes. Weird!
ReplyDeleteBecky: I like how you roll. You must come and visit :)