Today is a new day. Today I started out with banana bread. To be fair, I really wanted to try out some new gluten-free flour I received through a Groupon Deal. It's called Jules Gluten-Free, if you are curious. And who wants to waste those mushy bananas? Well it turned out better than I expected and I know how to tweak it a little for next time. But it's 4 Weight Watcher points a piece. Ouch.
What? You expected me to transform overnight? Ha, me neither. I'll get there though.
For several months I've been true to my elliptical trainer, doing most of my workouts with it. Sometimes I could hardly do 10 minutes, but I had to try. Despite being low impact, it does make my knee click quite a bit but, my knees are going to scream no matter what I do. I've tried doing some low impact aerobics and little walks with the dogs or baby when it was nice. Today I tried Zumba with the X-Box Connect. I did the easiest level and sweat my ass off. I KNOW I wasn't doing the dance moves right but I didn't care. So what if my silhouette didn't match up with the person on screen? Hell, there was always at least one dog behind me during the workout so I blame them for messing up my score. Sure....the dog did it. Mmmhmm. I flailed and stepped and turned around in the basement, not really doing Zumba so much as Grover's "Near/Far" routine.
Whatever you look like when you workout, be it at the gym or in your basement, don't worry what you look like. Concentrate on how your body feels and try to have some fun. And when you fall or forget the steps, just get right back to it. Rome wasn't conquered in a day. Slow and steady win the race. Insert other inspirational cliche here. Ok, I think I'll stop now and finish eating my baby carrots. Until next time...tschus.
No comments:
Post a Comment