I am so blessed to have friends with kooky senses of humor just like me. And even those who do not, at least they are so understanding of my interests and quirks. "She wants what for a baby shower? Well ok!"
I had two showers to try to accommodate everyone's schedules. I was really hoping my mother in law could be there for one of them, but it was not meant to be. We will get her here for the birth though and that is what really counts.
The first shower was last month and the theme was "Mommy's Little Monster." Awww so cute! Here are some photos of that.

The invitation

Party favors!

The decorations. As an aside, look! My house is clean!

Blood spattered umbrellas. Perfect!

My good friend Katie and her hubby did this cake! I've mentioned her awesomeness before. They run Brody's Bakery. The cake was vegan and gluten-free which was really important so two of my guests could eat this! And yep, they know about the spelling error but in all fairness, they are so dang busy. I'm in awe that they had time to do this at all! So cute! NOM NOM!
There are a few more pictures at my Flickr.The second party was held just last Saturday at a friend's house. I again requested a zombie theme which my friends were already thinking about. What's cuter than Plants vs. Zombies? If you haven't played this game, do it. It's so addicting and silly. The premise is, you plant super awesome plants in your yard to thwart a zombie invasion. The zombies munch through your plants and try to attack the house. You collect sun beams to buy more plants. Here are some images from that day!

One friend knows how to make balloon animals and she made some of the characters from the game. How freakin' cool!

Another balloon.

Anyone remember the Pac Man anniversary cake I had last Feb? 
The same talented gal made this cake. Can you believe it? You can find out more about her amazing cakes by visiting her website HERE. The top tier was pumpkin and the bottom was chocolate. It was as delicious as it was cute!

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake. To see more details on this cake, see my other Flickr set.

You have to cut a zombie cake with a giant murder knife!

Erin and I. Erin is not only the maker of this cake, she is also my friend whom I've known since 7th grade. It's just a twist of fate that we ended up in the same place, so far from home. We were both in tears when we saw each other on Saturday. I think it was just so moving to see someone from home. Someone I've known since childhood and here she is, sharing this miraculous part of my life. I'm so touched that she came to my shower and put so much work into baking and decorating this.

My lovely hostesses! They are so stylish. :)
I wish I had taken more photos with all the guests from both parties. My brain is so fried and I've been so exhausted lately; I'm not thinking clearly most of the time. And I'm slow as hell getting out thank-you cards to not only these great people, but all the wonderful people who have sent me things in the mail. I swear, I will get this done!!! Thank you everyone for sharing this with me, for encouraging me to hang in there and just being so fucking fantastic!
Okay, I am having fun reading this. I love you, Ron, and the doggies and EK.
ReplyDeleteLove ya too Box. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI plays the Zombies vs. Plants and those balloons are too cute!
ReplyDeleteYou, my dear, look lovely!