Thursday, August 26, 2010

Don’t fight Teh Crazy

I think I should just give in and fully cross the threshold of Crazy.  Why fight it?  Hey, a nice, snug sweater.  A padded room.  Twenty-four hour room service.  And lots and lots of drugs.  Sounds like a helluva vacation!

Since Rowdy died, my ex fucked up royally and now his daughter moved back to NE.  I won't see her very often and I worry about her like crazy.  Not that I can do much for her even if she was here. We did manage to get a night to hang out and I took this before dropping her off:

Parting (photo) shot-8

I'll make some trips up to Lincoln and spend some time with her.  It's only a few hours away and I still have friends there I'd love to visit.  It will all work out.

I've been trying to get out a bit more because that's what you do when you fight Teh Crazy.  So we've gone to the park and I'm walking the dogs more again since it isn't hotter than a fat man's ass crack anymore.  Sadie uses any chance she can to take a dip.  Notice the amount of algae in the water:



Patton's therapy dog training is going well. He should be approved soon and we'll start visiting assisted living facilities. I think he'll really enjoy the attention and mental stimulation.

No, I'm too shy-3

We got his DNA test back by the way and no major breeds were detected. However they did find 25% Pomeranian and 25% French Bull Dog. Who knew? No Pit Bull detected however.

We also finally went to the zoo. It's a nice smaller zoo and we decided to just get a membership. The only bad part of it is having to drive through the 'hood to get there. We didn't get to see even half of it because of time and heat/humidity/nasty f'in weather. Here are some highlights:

Zoo day!

Zoo day!

Zoo day!

Zoo day!

Zoo day!

We also attended a Royals-Yankees game in one of the suites. It rained. But at least we were in the suite.

Royals-Yankees

And what else this month? Oh yeah, we found out that I'm not pregnant. FERTILITY FAIL.

Other side of the coin-15

There really is no explanation for it but all I can think is that I'm too stressed.Work has been extremely difficult lately. Going from a desk to manual labor and standing all day is not good. I really couldn't do it anymore and had to request to be taken off the big storage move. I felt like a piece of shit asking that but I can't do this stuff. I don't think my department is too happy with me but there wasn't any choice. I hate admitting I can't do some things. But even though I couldn't keep up, I did learn a new skill. Scissor lift driving. Not that I'm good at it or know how to do it safely. Ha.

Cave Bex - 10

So stress management is on "to-do" list from now on. More exercise, less worrying, no more lifting crap at work, standing on hard floors and driving scissor lifts into giant shelving units filled with precious artifacts. Once again I say, somethin's gotta give.That's all for now.  Tschus!

No comments:

Post a Comment